Thursday, December 25, 2014

Dream Big But Be Thankful

I set some goals for this winter break so I'm not being lazy. First one, I need to finish Save the Cat, because everyone keeps telling me this will help me figure out my plot problem. It's a craft book for screenplays but also works well for novels. Second one, I need to figure out my plot.

Outside of writing, I'm going to finish an oil painting I've been working on. I keep forgetting about it and the paint dries and I basically have to start over. Other than that, hoping to go snowshoeing or hiking. Most of my friends are out of town this break so it might have to wait until January.

Having goals and dreaming big are good to do, but this time of year I have to sit back and be thankful for what I do have. It can be easy to complain about things in your life, I am guilty of it myself: getting rear ended, losing a friend, and being heartbroken. And sometimes I forget to remind myself that I have an amazing life! My friends and family are all healthy, I have a roof over my head, and food at every meal. Other people are lucky to have just one of those. I am so blessed to have a good job, with money to pursue my other hobbies, like photography, painting, and writing. None of these come cheap. Writing classes, retreats, and conferences are very expensive and I did one of each this year. I'm thankful that I get the opportunity to do these things.

I guess my takeaway is, your life will never be perfect, but be thankful for what you have, because other people in this world will look at your life and wish they could have it.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment