Here's an update to my winter break goal: I finished Save the Cat and figured out the muddy middle to my plot! At least for now it works, I'm sure I'll have to go back and change some details but at least I have an outline. Writing out the beats was really helpful for this. I found a website with a beat sheet spreadsheet where you input your word count and it tells you where your beats should go:
My next writing goal is to get my second draft completed before the April SCBWI conference. It's sporty, especially since I'll be out of the country for half of March, so I've got my work cut out for me. Though my writing group has expressed interest in going to the LA conference in August. I can't afford both, but I'll consider LA, depending on cost.
And I am almost done with my oil painting. Already got ideas for my next one, so I'm looking forward to putting this one on the wall and starting my next one.
Here's to 2015!